DD Day 2019 is go! We now have all the funding and project partners in place to offer another smorgasbord of Delia Derbyshire inspired creativity. With opportunities for younger artists, new work by the awesome Bishi being commissioned, events, workshops and more.
“Electric Storm 50” project activities:
1. 3 artist commissions inspired by the “Electric Storm” album and concept – 1 invited headline artist Bishi & a public callout for 1 sound/music & 1 digital artist, aged 30 or under. To produce new works to be performed at DD Day 2019 & touring events. Click here to see the callout for younger artists.
2. Brighter Sound electronic music residency for female* artists aged 16-25 in Manchester in October 2019.
3. Researcher David Butler will produce “Electric Storm” audio feature about the album, its production and legacy. To be presented at DD Day 2019, then published online.
4. 2 outreach events (1 masterclass & 1 talk) & 3 workshops (1 for children/families, 2 for adults) as part of DD Day 2019 MCR at Spirit Studios.
5. DD Day 2019 “Electric Storm” event at Spirit Studios (23/11/19) with expert talk/panel discussion, audio feature and live music/digital art performances.
Arts Council England, The Granada Foundation and Musicians Union.
We also appreciate much support in kind and contributions from our project partners Sound on Sound Magazine (media sponsors), Spirit Studios (DD Day 2019 MCR venue sponsor), John Rylands Library/University of Manchester, Brighter Sound and touring partners Iklektik Lab (London) and Inner City Electronic Festival (Leeds).
More info will be divulged as the project progresses!